Dovetail provides many services that may require authentication and therefore require a username and password to gain access to these services.
What username is for me?
The following outlines many of the common user accounts you may have at Dovetail and helpful links on how to manage them.
Hosting Users in Dovetailit Domain (DOVETAILIT\username)-- also called Network User, Active Directory (AD) or NT Username:
Hosting Users in novo Cloud (NOVOCLOUD\username)-- also called Active Directory (AD) user:
for sites hosting in the novo Cloud
- Gain access to web administration areas with dual authentication (such as RateDisplay, WordPress or Joomla)
- Gain access to AWStats/Hit reports (via novo Cloud control panel https://novocp.dovetailinternet.com/ );
- Gain access to use Secure FTP access
- Gain access to Custom Applications that require extra authentication
- How do I get one? When you purchase a novo Cloud website hosting package a primary user will be assigned and communicated to the Administrative contact noted at sign up. To request additional accounts contact Customer Service.
- How do I change the password? First time Log in to novo Cloud control panel https://novocp.dovetailinternet.com/ with your temporary password and then complete the form to assign security questions and a new password.
- If not first time then log into novo Cloud control panel https://novocp.dovetailinternet.com/ with your existing password and click on the Change Password icon.
- How to recovery your password? You must reset the user which will email you a new temporary password. Go to https://novocp.dovetailinternet.com/dportal/portal/forgot
- If the password is Expired (you did not change your password in time or replace your temporary password with a personal password within 72 hours) then contact Dovetail Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 866-845-6465
- How do I request an Audit report of my Hosting Users? Contact Customer Service and request a summary of www network users report - please specify which site if you have more than one.
| novo Site and novo Admin Accounts -- also called Application users: |
- If you are using novo CMS to restrict access to parts of your site, or
- If you are using novo CMS to manage the content of your site then you have a web based admin area to do so the link would be similar to http://www.yoursite.com/admin.
- How do I get one? Purchase a license or Subscription from Dovetail. Contact Sales for more information.
- How do I change the password? Certain novo Admin accounts are setup with the Rights to Manage Users. These individuals may change your password for you by logging into the novo Admin for your site and navigating to the User Manager section. On the User Properties page there is a Change Password link..
- Access to POP3 email accounts to receive email.
- Webmail access.
- How do I get one? When you Purchase a new website hosting package one of the email accounts is setup to have administration rights to add/remove/update email accounts for the primary domain the hosting package is for.
- How do I change my password? Log on to web based email portal http://webmail.dovetailinternet.com/ and go to account options to change your password.
- Hint: remember to update your email client (e.g. Outlook) settings if you change your password.
- Hint to Administrators: Each domain has an administrator account that allows you to add/remove/change mailboxes for that domain. Go to the web based email ADMIN portal http://mailadmin.dovetailinternet.com/ to and log on using the admin user/password - contact Dovetail Customer Service if you do not have an admin user.
|dovetailinternet.com Site Accounts: |
- http://www.dovetailinternet.com/ has certain pages that require a site access account to be established before viewing or downloading.
- How do I get one? Register online at www.dovetailinternet.com/default.asp?LINKNAME=REGISTERUSER Wait for Customer Service to review, approve and assign your new novo user to the appropriate groups, then log back in to the DovetailInternet.com site.
- How do I change the password? If you forget your password when you go to log in you can have the password emailed to you by clicking on the "forgot password?" link.
Compliance Subscribers -- uses dovetailinternet.com Site Accounts:
- What does it do? Compliance subscribers may also gain access to the Compliance Report area of http://www.dovetailinternet.com/ using their Dovetailinternet.com Site Account.
- Hint: Additional approval must be granted by a Dovetail Customer Service Representative to the Dovetailinternet.com Site account after you register and before you will be able to get in.
- How do I get one? Obtain a Dovetailinternet.com Site Account and then Complete the Compliance Subscription online form at http://www.dovetailinternet.com/subscription
Might I be locked out?
Network users have a multiple failed attemps and you're out policy. You may be locked out if (a) you are trying to gain access to a page that uses a Network user; (b) the login screen is a gray pop up box; (c) it just keeps asking for a username and password; (d) you do not receive a page not found or SSL required error message.
What to do... or Call Dovetail Customer Service to request a Unlock User.
Authorized Contacts Only: Please note we will require that the person requesting the unlock must be on file as an Authorized Contact. To update your contacts please complete the Authorized Contact Form and fax it to 508-845-6447.
I need more Help!
Please contact Dovetail Customer service either by email at email@example.com or by phone 866-845-6465 (USA) or 011-1-508-845-6465 (internationally).